Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Has anyone ever tried Open Office 2007 on their laptop? 10 points for best advice.?

I was going to purchase Microsoft Office Home and Student for my laptop, as it doesn't have it already. I've seen similar software called ';Open Office 2007'; which is much cheaper and claims to do the same job. Does anyone know if this software is reliable? Would I just be purchasing Microsoft for the brand name?Has anyone ever tried Open Office 2007 on their laptop? 10 points for best advice.?
Open Office is actually free. I use Open Office on 4 computers right now. Its great!





You can get it here:


http://download.openoffice.org/Has anyone ever tried Open Office 2007 on their laptop? 10 points for best advice.?
The latest version of OpenOffice is 3.0 I believe, compatible with , but not comparable to, Microsoft Office 2007. Whereas Microsoft has the new ribbon interface and has lost the conventional toolbars save for Publisher and OneNote, OpenOffice still retains the toolbar area. However, though compatible and the programs are not bad if you don't use the programs beyond basic level and expect to use all Microsoft shortcuts. However it falls down very badly with the so called publishing - Impress, package. If you are used to using Microsoft, then you will be disappointed, but if you don't use any of the programs to advanced or indepth levels, then it will be OK.
Hello,








I have used Open Office for about two years now, and have been very happy with it's features. I can also download templates off the Open Office website. I really like being able to export my documents as Acrobat Reader files (pdf format) without any other piece of software or addon.





But you can read what one CNET Editor's review is @ http://download.cnet.com/OpenOffice-org/鈥?/a>





%26lt;clip%26gt;


A credible rival to MS Office, OpenOffice.org includes powerful applications for making text documents, spreadsheets, presentations, diagrams, and databases, as well as HTML and XML documents. Not only does it let you edit basic documents, such as letters and faxes, it also handles equations and complex and multipart documents with bibliographies, reference tables, and indexes.


%26lt;/clip%26gt;





What is the lowest legally priced Microsoft Office Suite price..?


Open Office for free @ http://www.openoffice.org/
Its excellent I use it all the time its free and does as much as MS Office.





It was previously called Star Office from SUN Microsystems one of the worlds biggest software companies.
I got





OOo


Office for mac


iwork





on my apples and take it from me, there's no need to pay if you don't want to OOorg is as good as any.

No comments:

Post a Comment