Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My computer. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

I bought new labtop a year ago. I just added more memory last summer. I never have problem with it. However, it has been shut down itself two times. When it shutted down I had to wait for 20 minutes because it was not start.





What was it problem? How can I solve this problem. Thank you.My computer. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Likely overheating. Clean the vents. Make sure that it is sitting on a hard surface when using. Not your lap or atop your bed.


If it is still under warranty and cleaning the vents doesn't fix it, have it checked out under warranty. The time from shutting down and being able to restart is what I am basing my advice on.My computer. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
I was capturing a video with Pinnacle Studio and capture card to my laptop. Suddenly, my charger was making noise, I stopped the video, but it wouldn't respond and made the laptop shut down by itself. I was trying to capture a video but the pitch was changing. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Report Abuse



Windows often shuts down you PC after an update. It then takes forever to come back up because it is installing the updates. Nothing to worry about.
Sounds like an overheating problem. Make sure none of the vent holes are obstructed when you're using the laptop. You also may want to check for dust build up in parts of it that you can open, such as the memory expansion port. If you find dust there be sure to ground yourself as you remove it so you don't ';zap'; the RAM with static electricity.
Its either your battery or your computer is overheating.





TO fix overheating problems, oopen up your laptop according to the service manual from your manufacturer and remove the dust from the vents and fans in the PC. Your heatsinks and heatspreaders may also be clogged with dust. Once removed, your computer should also run faster and have more battery.
OK - I have had this issue before and it drives you crazy!





My issue -- the battery is not getting charged. This could be your problem. Worse part is - your battery might be fine - the power cord/charge may be faulty.





The true way to test this is to have a second power cord/charger to test with -one that is just like what you have. If it charges the battery, then you know your battery is OK and you need a new power cord/charger. If the battery still does not charge - time for a new battery.





I believe this will solve your problem. Hope it helps.
You picked up a virus. It is probably in your start up routine. Run your anti-virus now. Don't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment