Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What's your best advice for divorce recovery?

My divorce is final this week. My STBX has moved on--literally and figuratively. Despite being blessed with virtually sole custody of the kids, I continuously find myself bitter, angry, or depressed (at my disolved hopes for my family's future, the betrayal, his happiness and his girlfriend, my overwhelming responsibilities, our failure, etc.) I'm tired of these negative emotions, but I've not a clue how to shed them. Please don't advise me to get a hobby, as I've plenty to do already-- on none of which I can concentrate. I'm tired of my own self-pity and stagnation. I feel like I'm living each day just to get through it, and yet I know I deserve better and so do my children. What steps must I take to snap out of it? Please bombard me with your best wisdom!What's your best advice for divorce recovery?
Only time heals. I spiralled out of control for at least 3 years. Just remember for every bad day you have , you are then owed one beautiful one. It does improve, and look at it this way, you would probably have put up with his crap for years, so ultimately he did you a favour. He is the loser in the long runWhat's your best advice for divorce recovery?
go to support group's and get a job if you don't have one

No comments:

Post a Comment